- Race Information
- Racing 101
- Wager Now
1. When can I enter the tournament?
Registration for the Saturday, March 2, 2013 tournament will begin Tuesday, February 5.
You can call 301-470-5432 if you want to register with a credit card (Mastercard or Visa) - Entry fee Only.The bank cannot be charged on a credit card. Or, you can mail in your entry fee and bank (cashier’s check), or mail in just yourentry fee, if you prefer. If you are registering over the phone you have until NOON on Friday, March 1. If you call after 12:00pm on Friday (3/1) you will reach a polite voicemail message telling you that you waited too long for early registration. If there are still open spots in the tournament, registration will resume the morning of the tournament at 10:00am.
2. How do I get a registration form?
You can email [email protected] before noon on March 1, and you will be emailed a regiatration form, but seriously, you are already here on the web site, why not download a registration form from www.laurelpark.com/handicapping/contests.
3. How much to enter the tournament?
You will need $300 to enter the tournament, a $100 entry fee and a $200 bank.
4. How many entries may I have in the tournament?
You are allowed a maximum of two entries per person.
5. What are the tracks available for wagering in the tournament?
The tracks available for wagering in the March 2013 tournament are Laurel, Aqueduct, Gulfstream, Tampa Bay and races 1 thru 5 from Santa Anita. The information will also be on the Laurel Park web site, see answer to the second question.
6. Should I register early/Why? How many do you allow in the tournament?
Yes. The only way to guarantee a spot is to register early. We cap the entries at 250.
7. Do I get to keep what is in my bank at the end of the tournament?
Yes, the bank is yours to keep.
8. If I place 2 bets on the same horse, is it considered 2 wagers as long as each bet is for $20 or more?
Maybe...the rules will give you more details, but you may wager $20 to win, place and show on the same horse and it will count as 3 bets; if you wager $20 to win twice on the same horse, that will only count as 1 wager.
9. How many places do you pay?
The top ten entrants receive a prize check. We mail the checks the second Tuesday after the tournament. If you are among the top ten, please stop by the registration table before you leave.
10. What is the average winning balance to win the tournament?
Click here to see winning balances.
11. What are the average prize checks/how many people are in the tournament?
Click here to see past prize money amounts and number of past participants.
12. How many people do you send to the Coast Casinos Horse Players World Series (HPWS) tournament in Las Vegas?
We send the top three people from the Spring tournament and the top three people from the Fall tournament. The 2014 dates for the Coast Casinos Horse Player World Series are February 20, 21 and 22.
13 .Who pays for the airfare and hotel?
Laurel Park will pay $500 toward your air fare. If you spend less than $500 on your air fare, the rest is yours to keep, any amount over $500 is your responsibility. Your room is reserved (and paid for) for 4 nights, if you choose to stay longer, you can contact the hotel and make individual arrangements.
14. Is there a minimum/maximum wager?
Yes, the minimum wager allowed in the tournament is $20, there are no maximums. You can't add money to your bank, however if you have winning wagers, the winnings are added to your bank and you are free to wager the maximum in your bank.
15. Can I place all my bets early and leave or do I have to stay for the entire tournament?
You don’t have to stay for the tournament, however if you win we will need additional information from you before we can mail your check, you will need to take care of your own bank if you win, one of your horses may scratch and you will miss lunch. I suggest you plan to stay.
16. Can I bring a guest/phone/laptop?
Guests are allowed, there is a $20.00 guest charge because everyone that will be in the Carriage room will have full access to the buffet. Phones are allowed, please be courteous when on a cell phone. We have limited electrical outlets, if you want to bring a laptop, it is suggested that you arrive early so you can choose a seat near an outlet.
17. How do I get to Laurel Park?
Click here for directions to Laurel Park.
18. Where can I stay?
Click here for a list of area hotels.
Have a question we didn't think of?
Call Diana Harbaugh at 301-470-5432 or email at [email protected].