- Race Information
- Racing 101
- Health & Safety
- Wager Now
$100,000 Guaranteed Pool in Friday's Stronach 5
Four Tracks, Industry-Low 12-Percent Takeout
LAUREL, MD – The Stronach 5, featuring a $100,000 guaranteed pool and industry-low 12-percent takeout, will include races Friday from Laurel Park, Santa Anita Park, Gulfstream Park and Golden Gate Fields.
The action begins at 3:50 ET with Laurel’s eighth race, a wide-open, $40,000 maiden claiming event for 11 3-year-olds at six furlongs. Friday’s sequence also includes a maiden special weight event for 3-year-olds at Santa Anita on the turf and an optional claimer around two turns at Gulfstream Park.
All-Star Ticket: Click here to view
Stronach 5 In The Money Podcast: Click here to listen
Friday’s races and sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park 8th Race: (11 entries, 6 furlongs) 3:50 ET, 12:50 PT
- Leg Two –Santa Anita 1st Race: (11 entries, 5 ½ furlongs turf) 4 ET, 1 PT
- Leg Three –Gulfstream Park 8th Race: (8 entries, 1 1/16 furlongs) 4:33 ET, 1:33 PT
- Leg Four –Golden Gate Fields 3rd Race: (9 entries, 1 mile) 4:44 ET, 1:44 PT
- Leg Five –Gulfstream Park 10th race: (12 entries, 1 mile) 5:33 ET, 2:33 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.